Fails creating new certificate

I’m not sure why my cert. is failing. Here are the logs. Any help would be appreciated.
2019-03-11 07:04:42.641 -07:00 [INF] Default Web Site: Request failed - Failed to begin certificate order. System.Exception: Failed to begin certificate order.
at Certify.Providers.Certes.CertesACMEProvider.d__26.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Certify.Management.CertifyManager.d__11.MoveNext() in C:\Work\GIT\certify\src\Certify.Core\Management\CertifyManager\CertifyManager.CertificateRequest.cs:line 463
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Certify.Management.CertifyManager.d__8.MoveNext() in C:\Work\GIT\certify\src\Certify.Core\Management\CertifyManager\CertifyManager.CertificateRequest.cs:line 333

The issue was a misconfiguration in the DNS Settings. Solved.

Hi @Gavin I see you got this resolved but was the problem that the domain wasn’t pointing to an IP or something? Our log should really have at least some sort of reason for the failure( sometime much earlier in the log), otherwise that’s a bug.

The DNS Server was pointing to our router as a forwarder which can often fail. I changed the forwarder to 8.8.8.8 (google’s DNS Servers) and it worked.

1 Like