Binding an SSL Cert to an FTP site using a Post-request PS Script

Hi All,

I have a simple PS Script that checks the Certificate store for a specific certificate (the Let’s Encrypt Cert) and returns the Thumbprint, then assigns the cert to an FTP site (as Certify cannot do this). The script works fine from PowerShell, but when I click “Test” is see this error:

Powershell Output

Set-ItemProperty: Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {688EEEE5-6A7E-422F-B2E1-6AF00DC944A6} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
At C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Set-FTPCert.ps1:6 char:1

• Set-ItemProperty -Path $FTPsite -Name ftpServer.security.ssl.serverCertHash -Val …

• 

OK

The PS Script is:

Import-Module -Name webadministration

$FTPsite = 'IIS:\Sites\ftp.example.com'
$Thumbprint = (Get-ChildItem -path cert:\LocalMachine\My | Where-Object -Property Subject -eq "CN=ftp.example.com").Thumbprint

Set-ItemProperty -Path $FTPsite -Name ftpServer.security.ssl.serverCertHash -Value $Thumbprint

Hi,

I think this is 32-bit vs 64-bit issue. v3 of the app currently launches a 32-bit process, the upcoming v4 will launch a 64-bit process. You can wrap your powershell in a 64-bit call as per this example:

Note that you don’t have to do this work to get the thumbprint, it’s already in the Post-request object now (see https://github.com/webprofusion/certify/blob/development/docs/Request%20Script%20Hooks.md#script-basics):

# the certificate thumbprint
$result.ManagedItem.CertificateThumbprintHash # ex: "78b1080a1bf5e7fc0bbb0c0614fc4a18932db5f9"

Awesome, thanks. I will look at this in the morning.

I had started looking at v4 and might continue to do so for this particular site/server as wildcards could well be a thing. I was hoping to see DNS Made Easy integration, especially given it is part of ACME Sharp, but nothing as yet.

Thanks, yes v4 doesn’t currently use ACMESharp however we are building (and others are contributing) more DNS providers, we just wanted to get things stable with a few providers to start with.

Just as an update, integration with DNS Made Easy (and GoDaddy) will be in the next alpha release.

Excellent, I saw the update and will give this a go ASAP.

FWIW, the wrapper you mentioned above appears to do the trick for v3 on 64 bit 2012 R2 server.

Awesome, glad you got the 64-bit script working.

New alpha version with added DNS providers is still in the works, so not released yet but shouldn’t be too long.