Impleminting PKI using CTW

Hello I was wondering if CTW can be used for a Enterprise-wide implementation of PKI. I think that are immediate needs would be for Wi-Fi cert management and MDM. Right now we plan on using it for IIS Apache and Exchange but I was wondering if I can prove that it can provide value in our PKI implementation it would give me more leverage for purchasing CTW.

Hi,

Our Certify Certificate Manager app is an ACME certificate management tool. If you can find a suitable Enterprise certificate authority which supports ACME (v2) then yes you can use the product manage certificates with that. Software products such as smallstep step-ca, Hashicorp Vault and several Enterprise PKI tools offer ACME enabled services.

Our product is currently optimised for domain validated certificates, so certificate subjects are typically hostnames, but this depends somewhat on the issuing certificate authority and how they perform validation. We also support STIR/SHAKEN telephony system certs.

We are currently working on a version with increased scalability (with a target of 1M certs per instance) which also has the option of a web UI, which is more suitable for multi-user access.

In general you can assess compatibility of our tool using the free Community Edition, if there is something you want to see that’s not accessible via that then please do contact support {at} certifytheweb.com for more information.