Please add a pause/wait to v5!

Hi there

Absolutely loving your work with CTW. I installed v4 last weekend and got to grips with automating cert renewals for my Unraid server, qBittorrent box, Plex server etc. It’s great.

To achieve the above I learnt a lot about Powershell scripting (and the limitations thereof) and was pleased to see what was lined up for v5.

One of the things I do in my post-request Powershell scripts many times is a ‘sleep’ for 5 or 10 seconds whilst the last command completes, be it shutting down qBittorrent gracefully, copying files to my Unraid NAS before restarting the Web GUI, etc etc. I see that most of my Powershell heavy lifting can be moved to the multiple tasks available in v5, which is great, but there isn’t yet the opportunity to put a ‘pause’ in between tasks without explicitly creating a task to a Powershell script which has a sleep task in it.

Can I suggest a simple ‘sleep for x seconds’ choice as an option for one of the new tasks?

Just a thought but I think many would find it useful.

As I say, keep up the great work. Looking forward to v5 hitting final release!

Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for the comments and please do keep testing. I’m hoping that deployment tasks will remove the need for as much custom scripting as possible but it’s ideas like this that will take it to the next level. Sounds easy so, yes!

Great stuff, thanks for coming back!

Will keep the testing up and look forward to features being added into v5.

1 Like

Wow, I see ‘pause for N seconds’ has made it into the current Alpha build. Thank you!

1 Like

No problem, let me know if you have any problems with it. It doesn’t do anything fancy.